The corona virus pandemic has posed new challenges to the health insurance state. Both people and insurers may be clueless regarding the emerging situation as such type of a holocaust had never been imagined. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs within days of the COVID-19 pandemic having taken over their lives. It has underlined the importance of having valid healthcare insurance coverage during these difficult times. Thankfully, there could be some ways out to deal with the situation with regards to health insurance. Here is some vital information relating to the same which you may find useful.
- If you have lost your job or got laid-off, you have the COBRA option to retain your employer’s health insurance coverage at least for some period of time. Besides, losing your job could be a qualifying event under tenets of the Affordable Care Act, it’s better than losing healthcare coverage.
- Determine if you are eligible to get health insurance coverage through state sponsored Medicaid if your income has been totally wiped out due to job loss. The program is specially meant to provide health benefits to people with low or no incomes.
- It is estimated that around 27 million Americans were uninsured prior to the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic. If you are one among them then you can check out whether your state has any such health insurance program for which you can get enrolled at the earliest. You may be even eligible for subsidized Obamacare or ACA compliant plans.
- It has been reported that over 2 million people in America aren’t able to afford health insurance with any of the aforesaid options. But children have different set of eligibility guidelines to get cheap coverage for health. InsureKidsNow.gov could be a good place to begin your search for free or low cost children’s healthcare insurance policies.
- The trump Administration has promoted short term health insurance plans with easily affordable monthly premiums. Although these policies might not offer the essential benefits prescribed by ACA, they may grant some level of healthcare coverage. It could be much better than remaining uninsured.